Tangy Potato Salad with Scallions
Everyday Food, July/August 2008
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes, plus cooling
- Yield Serves 8
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 pounds Yukon gold or other waxy potatoes, scrubbed, halved, and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup white-wine vinegar
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Set a steamer basket in a large pot. Fill with enough salted water to come just below basket. Bring to a boil; place potatoes in basket, and reduce heat to medium. Cover, and steam, gently tossing occasionally, until crisp-tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar and scallions in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. When potatoes are cooked, transfer to bowl with vinegar mixture. Toss to combine; let cool, tossing occasionally.
- When potato mixture is cool, mix in oil; season potato salad with salt and pepper.
To store, refrigerate, up to 1 day.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.