Use this delicious recipe as a base for Peanut-Butter and Chocolate Frosted Cupcakes.
Everyday Food, March/April 2003
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
Yield Makes 2 dozen
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners. Into a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined. Scrape bowl, and beat in vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture in two batches, alternating with milk, beating after each addition until combined.
- Divide batter among lined muffin cups, filling each about three-quarters full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean, about 20 minutes, rotating pans halfway through. Let cool completely before frosting.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.