Everyday Food, November 2005
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 55 minutes
- Yield Makes 24
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, very soft
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, lemon zest, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, sugar, and egg until combined. Gradually add dry ingredients until moistened.
- Pinch off and roll dough into balls, each equal to 1 1/2 tablespoons; place on 2 baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. With fingers, flatten balls to 3/4-inch thickness.
- Bake until lightly browned around edges, 20 to 25 minutes; transfer to racks to cool completely.
Cookies keep 3 to 5 days in an airtight container.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.