Tarragon is often used to add flavor to chicken. Once the chicken has cooled, discard the tarragon sprigs before shredding the meat.
Everyday Food, September 2005
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour
- Serves 8
Yield Serves 8
- 4 to 4 1/2 pounds (total) chicken thighs and legs, rinsed and patted dry
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 sprigs fresh tarragon, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss chicken with salt and pepper. Scatter tarragon sprigs over chicken.
- Bake, turning chicken halfway through, until browned, 30 to 40 minutes. (An instant-read thermometer should register 160 degrees. When inserted in the thickest part of the thigh, avoiding bone.)
- When cool enough to handle, remove skin from chicken and shred meat. (You should have about 6 cups.)
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.