Martha Stewart Living, January 2010
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on the bias
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook coconut, stirring, until golden brown, about 6 minutes.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons coconut. Stir rice into pan with remaining coconut. Add water and salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, covered, until water is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with reserved coconut and the scallions.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.