Bing Cherry Mojitos
Martha Stewart Living, July 2006
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups freshly squeezed lime juice (about 9 limes)
- 3 pounds Bing cherries
- 18 ounces best-quality black cherry or plain vodka (<a target="_blank" href="http://www.beekmanliquors.com">www.beekmanliquors.com</a>)
- 1 bottle sparkling water (750 mL)
- Bring sugar and 1 1/4 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat; let cool completely. (Makes about 2 cups syrup.) Syrup can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 1 month.
- Put lime juice into a medium nonreactive bowl. Halve and pit cherries; add to lime juice. Stir in syrup. Refrigerate at least 1 hour (up to overnight).
- Stir cherry mixture and vodka in a large serving bowl. Fill 12 glasses with ice. Spoon 1/2 cup cherry-vodka mixture into each glass. Top off with sparkling water. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.