- 2 loaves ciabatta, halved horizontally
- 1 loaf whole-grain bread, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- Martha's Pesto (http://www.marthastewart.com/285781/pesto)
- Olive Tapenade (http://www.marthastewart.com/282227/olive-tapenade)
- 1/2 pound each thinly sliced soppressata, prosciutto, bresaola, and coppa
- 1/2 pound each thinly sliced smoked mozzarella, fresh mozzarella, provolone, fontina, and ricotta cheeses
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 head radicchio, leaves separated
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 jar (3 ounces) best-quality anchovies
- 1 bunch fresh oregano
- Lemon wedges, for squeezing
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Set out ingredients for guests to build panini. Heat a panini press. Brush each sandwich with oil, and place in press. Grill according to manufacturer's instructions. Alternatively, heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Place a sandwich in skillet, and top with a smaller heavy skillet. Cook, flipping once, until bread is golden brown and cheese melts, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to oven to keep warm. Repeat.
To serve the panini all at once, keep them warm in a low-temperature oven after cooking them one by one.