Couscous with Pistachios
Everyday Food, December 2006
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 scallion, white and green parts separated and thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 cup couscous
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- In a medium saucepan with a lid, heat oil over medium. Add white part of scallion; season with salt and pepper, and cook until soft, 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Add couscous, remove from heat, cover, and let stand for at least 5 minutes. Add pistachios and remaining scallion. Season with salt and pepper; fluff with a fork, and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.