- 3 navel oranges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 bunches watercress (about 1 1/2 pounds total), thick ends removed
- Slice off both ends of oranges. With a sharp knife, cut away peel and pith. Cut along membranes to remove segments. Squeeze 2 tablespoons juice from membranes into a small bowl.
- Add oil, vinegar, and mustard; whisk to combine, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss together watercress and dressing; top with orange segments, and serve immediately.
The dressing can be made up to 1 day ahead. To store, refrigerate dressing and oranges separately.