This warm-weather dessert goes from blender
to table in minutes. Raspberry sorbet reinforces the flavor of fresh berries, lime zest lends a touch
of tartness, and vanilla ice cream adds just the right amount of richness.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2007
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 1/2 pints raspberries (about 7 cups)
- 1 pint raspberry sorbet, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 or 3 limes)
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
- Put 5 1/2 cups of raspberries, the sorbet, lime zest, and lime juice into a blender. Use a spatula to push down the ingredients. Pulse a few times, then puree until very smooth. Add ice cream and puree, stopping and stirring with spatula as needed. Stir in 1 cup raspberries.
- Pour mixture into glasses. Garnish with remaining 1/2 cup raspberries and lime zest. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.