Buttered Savoy Cabbage
Everyday Food, April 2006
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 savoy cabbage (2 pounds), halved, cored, and cut crosswise into 1-inch strips, thick ribs removed
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place cabbage in a large skillet with 1 cup water (skillet will be very full). Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover skillet; simmer until cabbage is very tender, tossing occasionally, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Pour out any water remaining in skillet. Add butter; season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.