Grilled Potato Slices with Salt and Vinegar
Simmering potatoes in vinegar imparts a pleasant tang reminiscent of salt-and-vinegar potato chips. Grilling, a healthier technique than frying, gives the potatoes a nice charred flavor.
Martha Stewart Living, June 2009
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 50 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 pound potatoes, preferably fingerling, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Bring potatoes and vinegar to a boil in a medium saucepan (vinegar should cover potatoes). Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer potatoes until just fork tender, about 5 minutes. Let potatoes cool in vinegar for 30 minutes. Drain well, and gently toss with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill potatoes in a single layer until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Sprinkle with salt before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.