Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Walnuts
Martha Stewart Living, March 2007
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed, leaves separated, cores discarded
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat until butter has melted. Add brussels sprout leaves; cook, stirring often, until bright green and just tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in walnuts and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.