Plum Tartes Tatin
Martha Stewart Living, September 2009
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 55 minutes
- Serves 4
Yield Makes four 4-inch tarts
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from one 17.3-ounce box), thawed
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 4 firm but ripe red plums, pitted and quartered
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/4 cup sour cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degree. Cut out four 4-inch circles from
puff pastry, and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat butter and sugar in a 12-inch saute pan
over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter melts. Add
plums and salt, and cook, stirring frequently, until plums begin
to soften, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and add
brandy. Return to heat, and swirl pan until alcohol cooks off,
about 1 minute.
- Divide plums, cut sides down, and pan juices among four
10-ounce ramekins. Top each with a puff pastry circle, and
bake until edges are bubbling and tops are golden, about
40 minutes. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Carefully turn out into
shallow bowls, and serve each with a dollop of sour cream.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.