London Broil with Crispy Potatoes and Peppers
This tender steak, rubbed with a pinch of paprika, is matched with spuds that are crisp outside and tender inside.
Everyday Food, May 2007
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Serves 4
Yield Serves 4
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 yellow or red bell peppers (ribs and seeds removed), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds London broil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat cup oil over medium. Add potatoes and cook, turning frequently with a thin metal spatula, until golden and crisp-tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Add peppers; season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook, tossing occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, rub beef with remaining teaspoon oil; season with paprika, salt, and pepper. Broil, turning once, until medium-rare (an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part should register 130 degrees), 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and set aside to rest, 5 to 10 minutes. Thinly slice beef against the grain, and serve with vegetables.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.