- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cover two large baking dishes with plastic wrap, pulling so surface is taut. Drop 16 scoops of ice cream onto prepared dishes, dipping the ice-cream scoop in hot water as you work. Freeze balls until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss coconut with cinnamon. Toast, tossing occasionally, 6 to 10 minutes; let cool.
- Working with one ice-cream ball at a time, remove from freezer, and roll in coconut mixture; return to dish in freezer. Freeze until set, at least 30 minutes (or up to 1 day).
To create firm scoops of ice cream that are perfect for rolling in coconut, freeze the ice-cream balls on a baking dish lined with plastic wrap.