- 1 skirt steak (1 1/2 pounds), cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Season steak with coarse salt and ground pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add steak and cook until medium-rare, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate to rest.
- Reduce heat to medium and melt butter. Add brussels sprouts and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in almonds and lemon juice. Serve steak with brussels sprouts.
A hot skillet ensures that the steak gets a great sear without the need for oil.