Spaghetti with Tuna, Lemon, and Breadcrumbs
Good-quality pasta and tuna, both pantry staples, make this meal easy, delicious, and affordable. Stock up on them when they are on sale.
Everyday Food, January 2009
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 4
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons slivered Kalamata olives
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) chunk light tuna in water, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse bread and 1 teaspoon oil until coarse crumbs form. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Bake until golden, tossing occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta, and return to pot. Add lemon zest and juice, parsley, olives, and 1 tablespoon oil; toss, adding enough pasta water to coat. Add tuna; toss gently. Serve sprinkled with breadcrumbs.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.