Oranges with Dessert Wine and Rosemary
Muscat de Beaumes-de-Venise is a sweet, fragrant white wine from the Rhone region of France that can be served either as an aperitif or as a dessert wine. A variety of Muscat wines can be found in most wine stores.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2007
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- 3/4 cup Muscat de Beaumes-de-Venise
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary, plus more for garnish
- 8 small or 4 medium oranges
- Heat Muscat, white wine, and 6 rosemary sprigs in a saucepan over medium-low heat until warm.
- Meanwhile, cut away peel and pith from oranges, keeping the segments intact, or, if desired, cut between membranes with a paring knife to release segments. Divide whole oranges or segments among 4 serving bowls. Pour wine mixture over top. Garnish with rosemary, and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.