Baked Potatoes with Onion Sour Cream
Everyday Food, June 2006
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour
- Serves 8
Yield Serves 8
- 8 medium baking potatoes, about 8 ounces each, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup snipped chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prick potatoes in several places with a fork. Place on a baking sheet, and bake until easily pierced with the tip of a knife, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make onion sour cream: In a 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Add sour cream to onion; mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut a deep cross in the top of each potato; push ends together to open. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon some onion sour cream over each potato, and sprinkle with chives. Serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.