Grilled Pepper-Crusted Sirloin
Slice steak against the grain: Place steak on a cutting board and, holding the blade of a sharp knife at a 45-degree angle, cut into thin slices.
Everyday Food, July/August 2004
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 4
Yield Serves 4
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 4 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Season both sides of steak with salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil grates and place steak on grill; cover grill and cook to desired doneness (about 10 minutes per side or 135 degrees on an instant-read thermometer for medium-rare).
- Remove from grill; cover with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.