Tossed Green Salad
Source: Everyday Food, March 2006
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 8
- Yield Serves 8
- 2 heads romaine lettuce (about 1 1/4 pounds total), torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cucumbers (about 1 3/4 pounds total), peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into thin half-moon shapes
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups pitted Kalamata olives
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, cucumbers, onion, and olives. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Drizzle with vinegar and oil; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.