Caribbean Pork with Avocado-Pineapple Salsa
Pork pairs nicely with a smooth, buttery-tasting salsa.
Everyday Food, December 2004
- Prep Time 20 mintues
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 12 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Avocado-Pineapple Salsa (http://www.marthastewart.com/281925/avocado-pineapple-salsa)
- In a small bowl, combine light-brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, cumin, allspice, and ground pepper.
- Heat broiler, with rack 4 inches from heat source. Line a broilerproof rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place pork on pan; rub all over with oil, and coat evenly with spice rub.
- Broil, turning occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into pork registers 150 degrees, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wrap loosely with foil in pan; let rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing thinly. Serve with the salsa.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.