Winter Crudite Salad
Choose a celery root that seems heavy for its size.
Martha Stewart Living, December/January 1994/1995
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 celery root, (about 3/4 pound)
- 4 carrots, cut into 2 1/2-inch julienne strips
- 8 red radishes, (about 1/2 pound), thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine mustard and vinegar. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, and whisk until mixture is creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Peel celery root with a sharp knife. Cut root in half crosswise and slice each half as thinly as possible. Keep slices in a bowl of cold water until needed. Drain and pat dry when ready to toss with the vinaigrette.
- Place vegetables in separate bowls, season with salt and pepper, and toss well. Add about 1 1/2 teaspoons dressing to each bowl and toss again. Arrange vegetables in separate piles on salad plates and serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.