Red-Leaf Salad with Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Caramelized sweet potatoes and red onion pair well with green beans and walnuts. Heads of lettuce cost less than bagged pre-prepped varieties -- they have better flavor, too.
Everyday Food, January 2009
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium red onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed through a garlic press
- 1 head (10 ounces) red-leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss together sweet potatoes, onion, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast until sweet potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add green beans and walnuts to sheet; toss. Roast until green beans are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, vinegar, and garlic; season dressing with salt and pepper. Top lettuce with roasted vegetable mixture; drizzle with dressing.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.