Martha Stewart Living, April 2004
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat cream cheese in the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle until smooth; scrape down sides of bowl. Add butter; mix, scraping down sides of bowl as needed, until smooth, about 2 minutes. Gradually mix in confectioners' sugar; add vanilla. Mix until smooth, about 1 minute. Use immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.