Strawberry Hibiscus-Tea Lemonade
Juicy strawberries and floral hibiscus create a new jewel-toned spin on the Arnold Palmer -- a mix of tea and lemonade.
Martha Stewart Living, June 2008
- Yield Makes 6 1/4 cups
Serves 6 to 8
- 6 cups water
- 6 hibiscus tea bags
- 2 pounds strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from about 3 lemons)
- 1/4 cup <u>Simple Syrup</u>
- Bring water to a simmer in a small saucepan. Remove from heat, add tea bags, and steep for 30 minutes. Discard tea bags, and pour tea into a pitcher. Let cool completely.
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Heat until strawberries release their juices, about 25 minutes. Strain through a sieve into the pitcher. (Stir gently, but do not press strawberries or juice will become cloudy.)
- Add lemon juice and simple syrup to the pitcher, and stir to combine. Divide juice among ice-filled glasses. (Or cover, and refrigerate for up to 3 days.)
Don't press on the strawberries when straining for juice -- it will make the juice cloudy instead of clear.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.