Shrimp and Zucchini Tostadas
Everyday Food, May 2009
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Place tortillas on two large baking sheets. Brush with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and tortillas are crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add garlic and zucchini; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until zucchini is crisp-tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Add shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until shrimp are opaque throughout, about 3 minutes. Stir in lime juice. Spoon shrimp mixture over tortillas and top with sour cream and scallions.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.