- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 6 to 8 black plums, peeled, halved, and pitted
- 1/4 cup light-brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche (or substitute whipped cream or ice cream)
- 1 package German-style waffle cookies (<a href="http://dlmmailorder.com" target="_blank">Dorothy Lane Market</a>)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Soak raisins in rum until plump, at least 10 minutes.
- Place plum halves, cut side up, on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle each with sugar and cinnamon, and top with raisins and rum. Roast until golden and bubbling, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Divide among bowls, and top with creme fraiche. Serve with cookies.
To peel a plum, cut an X into the bottom, plunge the plum into boiling water for 10 seconds, and then cool in an ice-water bath. The peel should slip right off.