Take your time sectioning the grapefruit and oranges in order to remove all the pith and seeds. You want nothing but delicious fruit.
Celebrating 2000, Special Issue 2000
- 5 grapefruits, a mix of ruby red and white
- 5 oranges, a mix of blood and navel
- 6 <u>Candied Grapefruit Bowls</u>
- 1/2 bottle Champagne, chilled
- Using a sharp knife, cut off tops and bottoms of grapefruits and oranges. Cut away peel, pith, and outer membranes; cut fruit segments from membranes, collecting juice and segments in bowl. Squeeze juice from membranes before discarding.
- Drain grapefruit and orange segments, reserving juice. Place each candied grapefruit bowl in a glass; fill with citrus segments. Pour champagne over each; garnish with grapefruit chips. Serve reserved juice in glasses with breakfast.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.