Sliced Tomatoes with Lemon Thyme
Placing this salad in the sun for 20 minutes before serving will help the individual flavors meld. If you can't find lemon thyme, use regular thyme.
Martha Stewart Living, August 2007
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 3/4 pounds tomatoes, assorted sizes and colors
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon-thyme leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- Thinly slice tomatoes (if using small tomatoes, halve or quarter them), and arrange on a platter. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with lemon-thyme leaves. Lay lemon-thyme sprigs over top, and let stand for at least 20 minutes before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.