Serve this sweet, nutty dessert spread over fresh fruit or country-style bread.
Photography: BEATRIZ DA COSTA
Martha Stewart Living
- 2/3 cup (2 1/2 ounces) hazelnuts, skins on
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking pan. Toast in oven until the skins are almost black, about 15 minutes. Wrap hot hazelnuts in a clean kitchen towel, and rub until most of the skins have come off. Discard skins, and place the hot hazelnuts in the bowl of a food processor.
- Process nuts, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally, until they have liquefied, about 5 minutes. Set the hazelnuts aside.
- Combine the condensed milk, chocolate chips, and honey in a heat-proof bowl or the top of a double boiler; set over a pan of simmering water. Stirring occasionally, heat until the chocolate chips have melted, about 3 minutes.
- Add the hot-chocolate mixture to the liquefied hazelnuts, and process until the mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes. Transfer the spread to an airtight container, and store, refrigerated, up to 1 month.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.