Ice Cream and Blueberry Pops
This iconic, lip-staining treat matures into a creamy dessert-on-a-stick. Simply blend your favorite berries into vanilla ice cream.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2008
- 22 ounces (5 1/2 cups) blueberries
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Cook blueberries, lemon juice, and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until berries release their juices, about 10 minutes. Strain mixture through a fine sieve, pressing on berries to extract liquid. Discard solids.
- Refrigerate until cold, about 1 hour. Transfer to a blender along with ice cream, and puree until smooth. Divide mixture among fourteen 2 1/2-ounce ice-pop molds, and freeze until hardened, at least 4 hours.
Pops can be frozen for up to 3 days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.