Asparagus and Cucumber Vinaigrette
Quickly steamed asparagus keeps its bright green color and crisp-tender texture, making it a good match for cucumber.
Everyday Food, April 2009
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends removed, cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 1 cucumber, peeled, quartered lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 1 1/2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Place a steamer basket in a saucepan filled with 1 inch water. Bring to a boil. Add asparagus, cover, and cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. In a bowl, combine asparagus, cucumber, vinegar, and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.