Pan-Seared Steak with Spinach, Grapes, and Almonds
Do you need a tasty twist on steak with spinach? Toss in grapes and almonds for a touch of sweetness and crunch. Old recipes can learn new tricks!
Everyday Food, June 2008
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 New York strip steaks (about 12 ounces each), halved crosswise
- 2 bunches flat-leaf spinach (about 3/4 pound total) stems removed, washed well
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread almonds on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast in oven, tossing occasionally, until golden, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Season steaks with salt and pepper; cook in skillet, turning once, until medium-rare, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate, and tent loosely with aluminum foil (reserve skillet).
- Place spinach and grapes in skillet; toss with pan juices until spinach is slightly wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in vinegar and toasted almonds. Serve steak with spinach.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.