Soothing Ginger Tea
Fresh rosemary infuses lightly sweetened apples, top, with an unexpected aroma and flavor. Mint invigorates a calming tea, above, brewed from a traditional Indian blend of ginger, fennel, and cardamom.
Martha Stewart Living, November 2007
- 4 1/2 teaspoons cardamom pods, crushed
- 4 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 5 cups water
- 1 piece (6 inches) fresh ginger, peeled and sliced inch thick (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- Toast cardamom and fennel in a saucepan over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add water and ginger. Reduce heat, and simmer until it reaches the desired strength, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in honey and mint leaves. Let stand for 5 minutes. Strain into mugs. Garnish with mint.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.