Six Mile Granola
Serve this granola with Greek yogurt, seasonal fruit, and a drizzle of honey.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2007
- Yield Makes about 12 cups
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup brown-rice syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 4 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup bran
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 250. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add sugar, and cook until melted. Stir in brown-rice syrup or honey, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and water. Add remaining ingredients, except dried fruits, and toss. Arrange in a single layer on two rimmed baking sheets. Bake, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and dry, about 1 1/2 hours. Let cool on sheets. Transfer to a bowl, and add dried fruits. Granola can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.