This crumble is used in our Apple Quick Bread.
Martha Stewart Living, November 2009
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1 1/2 ounces walnuts, broken into pieces (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 ounces (5 tablespoons) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Combine flour, sugar, walnuts, oats, and salt in the bowl of a mixer. Add butter, and beat on medium speed until mixture forms small clumps. Crumble can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.