Tomato and Leek Frittata
Light and airy beaten egg whites are the secret to a fluffy frittata.
Everyday Food, September 2003
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced leeks (white parts)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 6 egg whites
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium. Add 2 cups sliced leeks (white parts); season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Cover; cook 5 minutes. Stir in 1 cup grape tomatoes. Cover; cook 2 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
- In another bowl, beat 6 egg whites with salt and pepper to stiff peaks. Whisk in 4 egg yolks.
- Brush skillet with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add eggs; sprinkle with vegetables and 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese, pushing slightly under surface. Cook over medium until sides are dry, 3 minutes. Transfer to oven; bake 15 to 20 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.