Autumn Vegetable Succotash
Martha Stewart Living, November 1997
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 yellow summer squash, cut into1/4-inch dice
- 1 cup frozen lima beans
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, coarsely chopped
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onion; cook until translucent, 2 minutes. Add garlic, bell peppers, zucchini, squash, lima beans, and corn. Season with salt and black pepper; cook, stirring, until vegetables are tender, 10 minutes. Stir in sage, and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.