Roast Beef with New Potatoes and Shallots
Everyday Food, October 2006
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 1/2 pounds small red new potatoes (10 to 12), well scrubbed, halved or quartered if large
- 1 pound shallots (8 to 10), peeled, ends trimmed, and halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds eye-of-round beef roast, tied
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes and shallots with oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Push vegetables to edges of baking sheet; place roast in the center. Turn roast to coat with oil on pan, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast, tossing potatoes and shallots occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of meat registers 130 degrees.for medium-rare, 40 to 50 minutes. Let beef rest 10 minutes, loosely covered with aluminum foil, before slicing and serving with potatoes and shallots.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.