Baked Chicken and Onions
Everyday Food, April 2004
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 50 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 cut-up chicken, (3 1/2 pounds in 8 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place sliced onions and chicken pieces in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish or roasting pan. Drizzle with vegetable oil; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Toss to coat.
- Arrange chicken, skin sides up, on top of onions; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, tossing onions and basting chicken occasionally, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with the tip of a sharp paring knife, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve hot.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.