Easy to make, this version of the classic is sweetened with condensed milk, which acts as a stabilizer, making the cream good for piping.
Martha Stewart Kids, Summer
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the cream until it begins to thicken and hold shape. Add the milk, and continue whisking until firm peaks form when lifting the whisk from the cream.
- To make cream pink: Fold in cherry juice. If not using immediately, store, covered, in the refrigerator up to 1 hour.
- To pipe: Fill a large pastry bag fitted with a #828 Ateco star tip with the whipped cream; squeeze desired amount on top of ice cream treats as a garnish.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.