To soften ice cream quickly, cut it into chunks, and place in a microwave-safe bowl; heat in 10-second intervals, stirring between each, until it can be spread easily
Everyday Food, July/August
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 7 hours 30 minutes
- Serves 8
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pints butter-pecan ice cream, softened
- In a food processor, finely grind 1/2 cup pecans with the sugar. Add flour and butter; process until moist clumps form. With wet fingers, press crust evenly into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Freeze until firm, about 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- With a fork, prick bottom of crust all over. Bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes (if crust puffs up, gently press down with the back of a spoon). Let cool completely.
- Spread ice cream evenly in cooled crust. Chop remaining 1/2 cup pecans; sprinkle on top. Freeze, covered loosely with plastic wrap, until firm, at least 6 hours and up to overnight.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.