Chicken with Cauliflower and Parsley
Everyday Food, December 2009
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (6 to 8 ounces each)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 head cauliflower (about 1 pound), cut into large florets
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high. Season chicken with coarse salt and ground pepper. Cook chicken, skin side down, until skin is browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Flip chicken and cook until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Place cauliflower around chicken, turning to coat in pan juices; season with salt and pepper. Transfer skillet to oven and roast until chicken is cooked through and cauliflower is tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and stir in parsley, vinegar, and capers.
In this simplified recipe, there's no need to add oil to the skillet because you start cooking the chicken skin side down. If the pan gets too dark, reduce the heat.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.