Rosemary-Lemon Chicken with Vegetables
Everyday Food, November 2006
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, (from about 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh rosemary leaves, plus sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken breast halves, (10 to 12 ounces each)
- 2 1/2 pounds red new potatoes, halved (or quartered, if large)
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, stems trimmed, washed and dried well
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a blender, combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, and rosemary; season generously with salt and pepper. Puree until marinade is smooth. Place chicken in a shallow glass baking dish or large resealable plastic bag. Pour half the marinade over chicken (reserve other half for vegetables); toss to coat. Let marinate 15 minutes at room temperature (or cover dish with plastic and refrigerate up to 24 hours). Lift chicken from marinade, and place on a large rimmed baking sheet; set aside. Discard marinade.
- Meanwhile, on another large rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes and mushrooms with reserved marinade; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place both baking sheets in oven, with chicken on top rack. After 20 minutes, rotate sheets from top to bottom; 10 minutes later, scatter tomatoes over vegetables. Continue roasting until chicken is cooked through (an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part, avoiding bone, should register 165 degrees., and potatoes and mushrooms are tender and golden brown, about 10 minutes more.
- Set aside about a third (3 cups) of the vegetables to cool; cover with plastic, and refrigerate to use later for Baked Egg Custard with Cheese. Serve chicken with remaining vegetables and, if desired, garnish with rosemary sprigs.
CHERRY TOMATOES Even in November, you can still find cherry tomatoes that are ripe and sweet. Otherwise, substitute grape tomatoes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.