Tuna Steaks with Lemony Tomatoes and Onion
Start your week on a healthy track with this light summer supper. Speedy seared tuna with a fresh mix of ripe cherry tomatoes and zesty onions is full on flavor and nutrition!
Everyday Food, June 2008
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tuna steaks (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges, for serving (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Season tuna with salt and pepper. Cook, without turning, until golden brown on one side, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn over, and continue to cook until medium-rare, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer tuna to a plate, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss together tomatoes, onion, lemon juice, and remaining tablespoon oil; season salad with salt and pepper.
- Serve tuna on top of tomato-onion salad, with lemon wedges alongside, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.