Steak Sandwich with Red Onion Jam
Allie Lewis, Everyday Food's deputy food editor, suggests making this world-class steak sandwich from the leftovers of a thick, juicy, pan-seared steak.
Everyday Food, April 2007
- 1 soft onion roll, split horizontally, toasted if desired
- 1 tablespoon Steak Butter (http://www.marthastewart.com/282338/steak-butter), or mayonnaise
- 2 ounces thinly sliced cooked Pan-Seared Steak (http://www.marthastewart.com/262490/pan-seared-steak), room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Red Onion Jam (http://www.marthastewart.com/259093/red-onion-jam)
- Arugula or lettuce (optional)
- Spread roll with Steak Butter; layer with steak, Red Onion Jam, and, if using, arugula.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.