Herbed Garden Salad
Use whichever blend of herbs is abundant in the garden for this salad.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2008
- 6 to 8 cups mixed lettuces, such as Lollo Rossa, romaine, and butter lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, preferably flowering thyme
- 8 small nasturtium blossoms
- 1/2 cup untoasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place lettuces in a large bowl. Add basil, thyme, nasturtiums, and sunflower seeds. Toss with oil and lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.