Watermelon Salad with Rum and Mint
Pretty-in-pink melon, all grown up, energizes this spirited salad.
Everyday Food, July/August 2007
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 6
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest plus 2 tablespoons juice (from 1 lime)
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light rum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6-pound piece chilled seedless watermelon
- 2 tablespoons slivered fresh mint leaves
- In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, sugar, rum, and salt.
- Using a melon baller, scoop melon into balls (you'll get about 10 cups), or cut melon into bite-size chunks. Add melon to lime mixture in bowl. Sprinkle with mint and lime zest, and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate, up to 2 hours.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.